5 common beginner mistakes in pickleball
- Rushing the serve: Take a moment to collect yourself and relax before serving so you can place your serve more consistently and better.
- Taking your eye off the ball: Practice keeping your eye on the ball to avoid misses and distractions during play.
- Wearing improper shoes: invest in proper tennis/pickleball shoes to help you move better and prevent injury.
- Sloppy footwork: practice your footwork and avoid playing above your level too early.
- Panicking: Remember to have fun and enjoy the game instead of worrying about impressing others.
Remember that improving your pickleball game takes practice and dedication. Find a balance between drill and match play to improve your skills. Check out our Pickleball Corner blog for more tips on match play training and an overview on choosing the right paddle for beginners.
Enjoy the fascinating sport of pickleball!
As always, if you have any further questions about pickleball, don't hesitate to contact our Pickleball Corner experts at firstname.lastname@example.org.